When the United States Military issued PD-48, a purchase description of properties for a single, multi-purpose product to maintain their weaponry, it became known as the “impossible specification” because of its severe requirements. The first product to meet the challenge – Break-Free CLP. Break-Free’s flagship product, CLP is a unique formulation of synthetic oils and individual proprietary ingredients which synergize in combination to do three important tasks simultaneously: Effectively Clean, Lubricate and Protect metal. Break-Free CLP is now recognized around the world as the standard by which maximum metal performance and protection is ensured.
- Penetrates and spreads along metal surfaces into every pit and crevice to undercut contamination and lift residue away where it can be removed.
- Long-lasting lubricating film dramatically reduces adhesion of sand, grit or other abrasives which cause wear and failure.
- Corrosion inhibitors prevent the formation of rust while Break-Free’s unique boundary film protects metal surfaces from moisture and other contaminants.
- Specially formulated synthetic oils won’t lose viscosity, dry out or stiffen up in extreme environments – such as cold, heat, dust, dirt, humidity and even salt air – keeping equipment in ready condition for months at a time.
- It has been proven to preform in temperatures ranging from -65F to +475F and after saltwater immersion